[paludis-user] Sorting the values in LINGUAS variable

Renat Golubchyk ragermany at gmx.net
Wed Apr 8 11:36:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 01:49:37 -0400 (EDT) "Benjamin R. Haskell"
<paludis at benizi.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Renat Golubchyk wrote:
>
> > +++ MPlayer's build system uses the LINGUAS variable for both
> > +++ output messages and which man pages to build.  The first
> > +++ language in the LINGUAS variable will be used to display
> > +++ output messages.  See bug #228799.
> >
> That line:
> */* LINGUAS: -* en de ru uk
>
> means for all packages, remove any default languages from LINGUAS and
> add 'en', 'de', 'ru', and 'uk'.  So, add:
>
> media-video/mplayer LINGUAS: -* en
>
> which means that for mplayer in particular, you only want
> LINGUAS=en. You still need the '*/*' line, too:
>
> */* LINGUAS: -* en de ru uk
> media-video/mplayer LINGUAS: -* en

That would suffice in my case, but it doesn't solve the problem
completely, because with these settings mplayer would not install german
and russian manpages. LINGUAS variable is used both for manpages and
output messages. It just happens that output messages are in the
language which is the first in the list.

Cheers,
Renat

--
Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
durch die sie entstanden sind.