[paludis-user] Who wants contrarius?

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs.ext at nsn.com
Tue Oct 14 05:56:41 UTC 2008

Am Montag 13 Oktober 2008 18:28:53 schrieb ext Ciaran McCreesh:

> If we can't get someone to pick contrarius up, I'm seriously considering
> dropping it in 0.32.

Wouldn't it anyway be better to make the packaging system cross-compile safe
and add the logic for creating the crosscompiler into the toolchain
ebuilds/eclass (or exheres)? Would make it easier IMHO to adapt to special
requirements for different cross-compilers.

In the end, the user would install sys-devel/i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc or sys-
devel/sparc-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc instead of just sys-devel/gcc and -
depending on host architecture - should get a native or a cross-compiler.

Each of them could also support its own set of USE flags (or options).

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111
Capgemini Deutschland   | Mail: dirk.heinrichs at capgemini.com
Wanheimerstraße 68      | Web:  http://www.capgemini.com
D-40468 Düsseldorf      | ICQ#: 110037733
GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: wwwkeys.pgp.net