[paludis-user] Who wants contrarius?

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 13 16:28:53 UTC 2008

contrarius depends rather heavily upon some nastily hacked Gentoo
ebuilds that aren't well tested, that are very configuration sensitive
and that get broken on a regular basis. Even when it does work it's
largely pointless because ebuilds don't support cross compiling.

Would anyone like to step up and volunteer to maintain contrarius?
You'll need a decent knowledge of C++, familiarity with how those
horrible toolchain ebuilds on Gentoo work and time to keep bringing
contrarius up to date with both Gentoo's changes and Paludis API
changes.

If we can't get someone to pick contrarius up, I'm seriously considering
dropping it in 0.32.