[paludis-user] MAKEOPTS too high?

David Pyke David.Pyke at csa.ca
Tue Nov 25 14:09:16 UTC 2008

When installing paludis (or other packages) I get the infamous message that my -j value is too high.  Right now I have it at -j5 and have a quad core processor with 2 gig of memory.

I'm pretty sure my machine can handle the load.  Is there any way I can change the level of "too high" to silence the error?

Perhaps paludis could take number of cores into account when it makes the decision?

Thanks
Dave

David Pyke
Manager, Market Research
Canadian Standards Association
416-747-2332
416-401-6945 (Fax)

Merci de tenir compte de l’environnement avant d’imprimer ce courriel

This message is intended only for the use of the person or organization to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and delete the original message immediately. The sender, its subsidiaries and affiliates, do not accept liability for any errors, omissions, corruption or virus in the contents of this message or any attachments that arise as a result of e-mail transmission. Thank you.