[paludis-user] simple deletion, was Solve "ss" and "com_err" blockage

John Huttley John at mib-infotech.co.nz
Fri Nov 21 19:01:42 UTC 2008

Steven Oliver wrote:
> John,
>
> Why are you using epm? Paludis can do everything you mentioned and in
> fewer steps.

I have not found it so.
As discussed recently, without having to put in extra flags, it wants
also remove dependencies.
It also wants to have the fully qualified syntax with the >= at the front.

I never did figure out how to get it to remove only one of a slotted pair.
I ended up removing both then reinstalling the one I wanted!

the difference is that epm does what I ask without comment.
paludis editorialises.

That pickyness is good for additions and updates but for deletions it
pisses me off mightily.
ymmv.

--john