[paludis-user] simple deletion, was Solve "ss" and "com_err" blockage

John Huttley John at mib-infotech.co.nz
Thu Nov 20 08:51:20 UTC 2008

My take on this issue is to use 'epm'. Which is incredibly useful.

I'm often doing something like this

epm -qaG | grep  xxxxx    to see what I need to delete. Often old
gentoo-sources.

then edit the command line   epm -e `epm -qaG | grep  xxxxx `  to kill
it all

 epm runs portage, so paludis needs to know about portage repositories.

so then run

paludis --regenerate-installed-cache    to fix it.

then run revdep-rebuild -p to see if anything needs to be re linked  and
call paludis on those packages manually

Its /still/ much simpler than using paludis to delete things.

--john