[paludis-user] How to get rid of Paludis warning.

damian damian.only at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:23:43 UTC 2008

Hi again,

Every time I run paludis, I get the following warning:
     paludis at 1227104066: [WARNING repository.names_cache.unversioned]
In program paludis --query ...:
    ... When performing query action from command line:
    ... When handling query 'hibernate-script':
    ... When parsing user package dep spec 'hibernate-script':
    ... When parsing generic package dep spec 'hibernate-script':
    ... When disambiguating package name 'hibernate-script':
    ... When finding all versions in some arbitrary order from
packages matching */hibernate-script with filter all matches filtered
through all matches:
    ... When using name cache at '/usr/portage/.cache/names/gentoo':
    ... Names cache for 'gentoo' has no version information, so cannot
be used. Either it was generated using an older Paludis version or it
has not yet been generated. Perhaps you need to regenerate the cache
using 'paludis --regenerate-installed-cache' or 'paludis
--regenerate-installable-cache'?

I ran
    paludis --regenerate-installable-cache

But I got the following error:
    Unhandled exception:
  * In program paludis --regenerate-installable-cache:
  * When performing cache regeneration action from command line:
  * When generating repository names cache at
'/usr/portage/.cache/names/gentoo':
  * mkdir '/usr/portage/.cache/names' failed: No such file or
directory (paludis::FSError)

I googled it, but I couldn't find a solution. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.