[paludis-user] Problem building dev-lang/gnat-gcc with paludis

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs.ext at nsn.com
Fri May 30 11:58:55 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, 30. Mai 2008 schrieb ext Ciaran McCreesh:
> On Fri, 30 May 2008 13:40:58 +0200
>
> Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext at nsn.com> wrote:
> > > Gentoo's handling of libstdc++ is broken. Unlike pretty much every
> > > other distribution and pretty much every other package, libstdc++
> > > is slotted in such a way that you only have one working installed
> > > version at once.
> >
> > How does that explain why it's trying to use the libgcc_s.so.1 from
> > the _build_ area, which comes with the bootstrap gnat and apparently
> > doesn't have all needed symbols (because it has been built with gcc
> > 4.1)?
>
> Because the eclass sets LD*:
>
>                 export LD_RUN_PATH="${LIBPATH}"
>                 export LIBRARY_PATH="${GNATLIB}"
>                 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${GNATLIB}"
>
> You could probably argue fairly convincingly that that on its own is a
> massive bug...

Hmm, I see. Let's see what the bug wranglers say about this :-)

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111
Capgemini Deutschland   | Mail: dirk.heinrichs at capgemini.com
Wanheimerstraße 68      | Web:  http://www.capgemini.com
D-40468 Düsseldorf      | ICQ#: 110037733
GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: wwwkeys.pgp.net