[paludis-user] Status of contrarius

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Fri May 23 08:04:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008 10:58:06 +0300
"Alon Bar-Lev" <alon.barlev at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/23/08, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >  I get the impression that your development practices are very much
> >  about making you feel like you're doing something and very little
> > about genuine results...
>
> Well... I am truly sorry to read this.
> You don't write such stuff unless you know who you are dealing with.
> Again, you are trying to force your views on users.

Only to the extent that we're not going to go out of our way to help
them to do silly things.

> I can say the same, for example that lack of white box procedure and
> the lack of test of all sequences suggest your QA level is not so
> great, and as none of the developers of this package management
> thought that it is missing it say something about the group.

Mm, no, it suggests you're so busy focusing upon your "I think this
makes me productive" practices that you refuse to stop and consider
whether what you're doing makes sense and whether other people have
much better solutions.

Doing more stuff does not mean more productive, whether it's when
you're running 2^n build combinations step by step or running the same
package manager processes on a thousand different workstations...