[paludis-user] Status of contrarius

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Fri May 23 07:45:11 UTC 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008 10:32:40 +0300
"Alon Bar-Lev" <alon.barlev at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/23/08, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >  > How? Can you please tell me how you do white test without using
> >  > "ebuild" command, and without modify the ebuild file before each
> >  > test (so there will be no leftovers)?
> >
> > You suspend and resume the build at the appropriate points.
>
> How?
> For example how do I suspend build after installed and before it gets
> into my system?

Any way you like. You could, for example, use hooks.

> And how do I digest?

You don't, currently.

> > You maintain different configuration sets for testing. Note that
> >  testing all combinations is, in general, insane.
>
> At first you told me that you don't have phases because you want to
> force better QA.
> Then when we discuss that you realize that my QA level is insane.

Not your QA level. Your QA. 2^n is a very big number, and most of those
2^n combinations can be deduced by a human to be pointless.

I get the impression that your development practices are very much
about making you feel like you're doing something and very little about
genuine results...