[paludis-user] Adding ebuilds with paludis (WAS: Newbie questions)

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:03:16 UTC 2008

On 5/22/08, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 May 2008 16:57:03 +0300
>  "Alon Bar-Lev" <alon.barlev at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > Those are all parts of portage.  They have no equivalents in
>  > > paludis.
>  >
>  > If it does not implement ebuild, how can it work without it?
>

> There's much tighter integration between the package manager and the
>  ebuild scripts. There's no standalone 'ebuild' binary you can use.

I don't understand how can I switch to paludis without ebuild replacement.

ebuild fetch is not working anymore as DISTDIR is paludis and not
portage. OK... Let's say I solved this by duplicating the DISTDIR.

ebuild compile/test/install takes that USE/KEYWORDS from /etc/portage,
so do you maintain both environments, right?

So how do you write new packages?

Thank you,
Alon.