[paludis-user] Trying to move to paludis

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs at online.de
Thu May 22 16:00:13 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008 schrieb Ciaran McCreesh:
> On Thu, 22 May 2008 00:12:23 +0300
>
> "Alon Bar-Lev" <alon.barlev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Looks like the version you have installed doesn't have the || dep.
> >
> > /usr/portage/net-wireless/ipw2200-firmware/ipw2200-firmware-3.0.ebuild:
> > RDEPEND="|| ( >=sys-fs/udev-096 >=sys-apps/hotplug-20040923 )"
>
> That's not what you have installed. That's an ebuild that's had its
> dependencies changed since you installed it. Paludis uses
> the dependencies of the thing you actually installed.

BTW: That's something I find really anoying: Ebuild changes without revision
bump. I've already written several bug reports for different packages only to
be told to reinstall the package in question because its ebuild has changed
w/o bumping its revision.

I hope you'll do this better with Exherbo. A simple MD5/SHA1 checksum for the
ebuild would be sufficient to be able to notify the user of an ebuild change
for installed packages.

Bye...

	Dirk