[paludis-user] Newbie questions

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Thu May 22 13:57:03 UTC 2008

On 5/22/08, Stephen P. Becker <spbecker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course it works with portage missing from the system.  However, there
>  are stupid system deps that will just pull it right back in.

I can fix this using provided package... But the missing utilities are
greater issue...

>  > I am missing:
>  > ebuild
>  > quickpkg
>  > update-env
>  > update-etc/etc-update

> Those are all parts of portage.  They have no equivalents in paludis.

If it does not implement ebuild, how can it work without it?

>  Incidentally, paludis does not support the portage .tbz2 binpkg format,
>  so you won't ever want to touch quickpkg anyhow.

So how do you move packages quickly from compiler station to
production computers?

>  > Also, is there some tool similar to:
>  > equery files, shows all files of a package.
>  > equery hasuse, all packages with specific USE flag.
>  > equery check, checks installed files.
>

> Try "paludis -q" and inquisitio

I could not find the above in -q...
What is inquisitio? Could not find it.