[paludis-user] Paludis on non-Gentoo & non-root operation

Tom Cooksey tomcooksey at googlemail.com
Fri May 16 14:40:11 UTC 2008

>> Any ebuild replacement/enhancement planned to do this? :-)
>
> Wouldn't be hard to come up with one... The issue's more finding
> someone to do a tree.
>
> If we're talking embedded, I'd imagine we're talking less than a
> hundred packages, so it's possibly only a few days work...

It's the existing tree which I see the real value in. All those
packages sitting there ready to be compiled. Yes, I could come up with
a ebuild replacement, but then I'd have to maintain all the packages
myself, which defeats the point. The only option would be to get the
community to adopt an ebuild format which is more cross-compile
friendly. I don't really see that happening.