[paludis-user] Paludis started messing up permissions

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs.ext at nsn.com
Thu May 8 09:05:38 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2008 schrieb ext Ciaran McCreesh:
> On Thu, 8 May 2008 10:36:26 +0200
>
> Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext at nsn.com> wrote:
> > > Is it only hard-linked files that're broken?
> >
> > Damn, that would have been to easy, I guess. If I look at files from
> > other packages, like texinfo, I see a ref-count of 1. Here is the
> > complete list from /usr/bin:
>
> Indeed... Would also've explained why Paludis and Portage give
> different results.
>
> Ok, please uninstall hilite if you already have it installed, then
> paludis --install hilite --log-level debug --debug-build none and attach
> the full output
>
> I'm picking hilite because it's small, quick, easy and doesn't do
> anything except the thing we're trying to observe.

Problem didn't occur with hilite, so I also used rxvt again. I have attached
both (gzipped) logs.

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111
Capgemini Deutschland   | Mail: dirk.heinrichs at capgemini.com
Wanheimerstraße 68      | Web:  http://www.capgemini.com
D-40468 Düsseldorf      | ICQ#: 110037733
GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net