[paludis-user] Paludis started messing up permissions

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs.ext at nsn.com
Thu May 8 08:15:58 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2008 schrieb ext Ciaran McCreesh:
> On Thu, 8 May 2008 09:57:10 +0200
>
> Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext at nsn.com> wrote:
> > Seems I found the reason. Wanted to test btrfs [1] and chose all
> > Gentoo related directories for the test ($PORTDIR, $DISTDIR and
> > $PORTAGE_TMPDIR were put on a btrfs volume). Remounting the old, xfs
> > based volumes brought paludis back to normal behaviour. However, the
> > question remains: Why does a change in the underlying fs affect
> > paludis at all (and not portage/emerge) ?
>
> I strongly suspect it's a bug in btrfs... So let's track down which
> syscalls are affected... Find some small package (hilite is a good one)
> and try merging it. When it's merging the file, you'll get something
>
> like:
>
> What're the three symbols in the first column when this happens?

Did it with rxvt, if you don't mind.

<>+ [obj] /usr/bin/rxvt-2.7.10
<&> [obj] /usr/bin/rxvt
<>> [obj] /usr/bin/rclock

The permissions of rclock are OK, the ones for rxvt-2.7.10 and rxvt are
hosed. Looks like we have hard links here:

# ls -l /usr/bin/rxvt*
-rw------- 2 root root 5752  8. Mai 10:10 /usr/bin/rxvt
-rw------- 2 root root 5752  8. Mai 10:10 /usr/bin/rxvt-2.7.10

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111
Capgemini Deutschland   | Mail: dirk.heinrichs at capgemini.com
Wanheimerstraße 68      | Web:  http://www.capgemini.com
D-40468 Düsseldorf      | ICQ#: 110037733
GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net