[paludis-user] Configuration

Florian Petran florian.petran at googlemail.com
Mon May 5 12:15:07 UTC 2008

2008/5/5 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com>:
>  True if you're dealing with a multi-user system where most people
>  don't have root or physical access to the box. Not true if you're
>  dealing with what's effectively a single user system where the user /
>  root split is merely there to prevent accidents.

Admittedly, I haven't thought of that - so it's not really necessary
in the strict sense. But even then IMO it is Good Practice to clean
out the environment when becoming root, as (1) it is not good to rely
too much on external firewalls to keep off intruders, and (2) there is
anyway no reason for root to have e.b. /usr/games/bin in PATH.