[paludis-user] Configuration

Florian Petran florian.petran at googlemail.com
Sun May 4 22:11:51 UTC 2008

2008/5/4 Robert T Childers <trent-ch at cox.net>:
>  I ended up adding an export PALUDIS_OPTIONS
>  to /home/trent/.bashrc
>  I set it there because I open up a bash shell in my user account the su into
>  root from that shell.

This is an unsafe solution. You should actually use "su -" to become
root as this will clean out the environment, and particularly PATH of
any potentially unsafe entries. Using "su -", however, will also clean
any environment variables set in .bashrc. The superuser should have
his own .bashrc in /root which will get sourced automatically after
"su -", this is were PALUDIS_OPTIONS should be set. Also, I think some
X11 terminals look for .bash_login instead of .bashrc, so it's
probably a good idea to "ln -snf .bashrc .bash_login" in each home
directory.