[paludis-user] Bouncing between repositories

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sun May 4 18:03:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, 04 May 2008 14:55:04 +0200
169440 <169440 at stud.umk.pl> wrote:
> In my opinion, paludis shouldn't use another repository (for
> upgrade), if I have installed package from another one.

You really don't want that. Example of why not:

You're using ::gentoo and ::foo-experimental. foo-1.2_alpha1 is
in ::foo-experimental. Then foo-1.2_alpha2 comes along, also
in ::foo-experimental. Then foo-1.2 is released, and it goes
into ::gentoo. If we didn't count version as more important than
relative repository importance, you wouldn't get the upgrade.

> Can I mask given repository (all packages from given repository) and
> then unmask only single packages from it?

You can mask:

*/*::repo

And then unmask

foo/bar::repo