[paludis-user] Tale of an evening with Contrarius

Jérôme Carretero cJ-paludis at rez-metz.supelec.fr
Sun May 4 16:14:19 UTC 2008

On Sun, 4 May 2008 02:04:40 +0100
Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com> wrote:

>>  * local use flags descriptions for cross-*/* packages don't work
>
>Mmm. There's nothing inherently special about local use descriptions
>there.

I mean documentation of some use flags (eg. multislot) is in use.local.desc, with a category of sys-apps or sys-libs.
So when installing cross-stuff, they aren't found, which is perfectly normal.

> Note that we don't currently do anything with the in-metadata.xml use
> descriptions that some people have started using (without bothering to
> GLEP or discuss it first). Nor does anyone else, mind...

I think documenting per-package use-flags in metadata.xml is a better idea than using use.local.desc : that's closer to the ebuild, and not in the ebuild...
Although, not discussing it first, is something baaad, as usual.

--
cJ

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
		-- R. A. Heinlein