[paludis-user] Bouncing between repositories

169440 169440 at stud.umk.pl
Sun May 4 12:55:04 UTC 2008

paludis-user-request at lists.pioto.org pisze:
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 06:52:03 +0300
> From: Ali Polatel <polatel at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [paludis-user] Bouncing between repositories
> To: paludis-user at lists.pioto.org
>
> 169440 yazm??:
>
>> I'm using paludis-0.26.0_pre4.
>> How can I prevent from bouncing between repositories (during world update).
>> I mean situation, like this one:
>> ----------------
>> # paludis world -ip
>> These packages will be installed:
>>

> *snip*
>
>> ---------------------------
>> For example: net-misc/neon::Eaedificata (previously ::gentoo)
>> Why paludis wants to change repository (from gentoo to Eaedificata). I
>> know, that there is newer version of neon in Eaedificata repository, but
>> I have installed neon from gentoo repository, and I don't want to use
>> other repository for this package. How can I prevent from instalation
>> from Eaedificata repository (I mean easy way, not package_mask.conf
>> modification for all packages)?
>> "gentoo" repository is more important (importance = 7) against
>> "Eaedificata" (importance=3).
>>

> A newer version is more _important_ than importance, mask
> net-misc/neon::Eaedificata if you don't want to use it.

In my opinion, paludis shouldn't use another repository (for upgrade),
if I have installed package from another one. I know, that newer version
is more     important, but when I add new repository, I must mask many
packages, because of repository bouncing. If I want to install newer
version from another repository, I will use paludis
=category/name-version::repository -ip. I want to decide which
repository I use for  packages instalation. Paludis can't do it instead
of me.
Can I mask given repository (all packages from given repository) and
then unmask only single packages from it?
--
Arek