[paludis-user] Tale of an evening with Contrarius

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sun May 4 01:04:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, 3 May 2008 03:30:39 -0400
Jérôme Carretero <cJ-paludis at rez-metz.supelec.fr> wrote:
>  * I saw that it is possible to use contrarius, it works.

That's moderately surprising.

>  * local use flags descriptions for cross-*/* packages don't work
> (ciaranm, that's why I mentionned per-ebuild (I meant in-ebuild) use
> descriptions on #paludis today)

Mmm. There's nothing inherently special about local use descriptions
there.

Note that we don't currently do anything with the in-metadata.xml use
descriptions that some people have started using (without bothering to
GLEP or discuss it first). Nor does anyone else, mind...

I suspect contrarius might need a warning message when you run it
saying something like "contrarius probably won't work, and when it
breaks we probably can't help much. It's not actively developed or
widely tested, and whilst some configurations work perfectly for some
people, it isn't exactly reliable. You are more than welcome to
contribute if it doesn't meet your needs."...