[paludis-user] Paludis doesn't want to update some slotted world packages

Petr Kopecký kejpi at centrum.cz
Thu May 1 17:06:10 UTC 2008

I have tried to used --log-level debug, but I am not so clever from it.

This is a command and the log result is in attachment:
paludis -ip net-p2p/ktorrent --log-level debug

If offers only reinstalling of scm version. It also doesn't help to call
paludis -ip everything

Seems to me that currently the only way to update ktorrent is:

paludis -ip net-p2p/ktorrent::gentoo
Building target list...
Building dependency list...

These packages will be installed:

* net-p2p/ktorrent [U 2.2.5-r1 -> 2.2.6] <target>
    arts -avahi -debug kdeenablefinal -xinerama elibc: (-FreeBSD)
linguas: -ar -bg -br -ca
cs -cy -da -de -el -en_GB -es -et -fa -fr -gl -hu -it -ja -ka -lt -ms -nb -nds -nl -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ru -rw -sk -sr -sr at Latn -sv -tr -uk -zh_CN -zh_TW
    2.52 MBytes to download

Total: 1 package (1 upgrade), 2.52 MBytes to download

But I don't want to call this for every slotted package :-(

The strange thing is that the problem is there only for some packages from
kde4 overlay (ktorrent, k3b). For example freetype update in slot 1 was
offered as expected and also kdelibs which I have installed from kde4 overlay
and also from 3.5 slot.

Petr

--
Ing. Petr Kopecky
E-mail: kejpi at centrum.cz

OpenDocument is now international standard ISO/IEC 26300. Use OpenOffice!
It's free for everyone :-)

http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.openoffice.cz