[paludis-user] What should get added to world?
ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 9 13:07:22 UTC 2008
The rules for "what gets added to world" are currently:
* don't add anything if we're preserving world
* if it's a named set, add it unless it's world, system, security,
* if it's a package spec, add its package unless the spec has wildcards,
slot or version restrictions
Portage's rules are a bit different. So far as I know, which could be
out of date:
* it won't add things if the package is already installed
* it adds :slots for any spec that uniquely identifies a package (which
means if you install a particular kernel version, that kernel version
slot ends up in world, and then when the ebuilds are removed things get
Since the next alpha is going to have a big change to world (it'll be
in the release notes), I'm open to comments about:
* whether we should start adding things to world if they include slot
* whether we should start adding things to world if they include
Answer quickly or forever hold your peas.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the paludis-user