[paludis-user] Reference to 'virtual/x11'

Hilco Wijbenga hilco.wijbenga at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 18:21:33 UTC 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 9:47 AM, Benjamin R. Haskell <paludis at benizi.com> wrote:
> virtual/x11 is from the old monolithic X ebuilds, before they were split
> into x11-libs/*. It's been a long while since I've updated (currently on
> 332 of 648) and a lot of things in /var/db/pkg have virtual/x11 in their
> *DEPENDs, though many seem to be in a kind of transitional state, e.g.:
:
<snip/>

Thanks! Yeah, I figured it was something like that but didn't know the
relevant details.

> # look through installed DEPENDs to find virtual/x11 listed without
> #  x11-libs/, then format it a bit
>
> find /var/db/pkg -name '*DEPEND' \
> | xargs grep -l virtual/x11 \
> | xargs grep -L x11-libs/ \
> | xargs head | grep .

I tried this (with and without the limiting greps) but all I see are
valid checks, no lonely virtual/x11 anywhere. :-( Moreover, I checked
that indeed all the alternatives are installed and they are.

Are there any other places where virtual/x11 might show up?