[paludis-user] sensible way to

Dave Bender codehero at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 14:01:05 UTC 2008

Ciaran,
  I tried

importare --location /var/empty virtual/linux-sources 2.6.26-r1 2.6.26-r1

but to no avail, paludis still insists on installing gentoo-sources.

I think I will just run paludis -i gentoo-sources, then delete the
installed files. However, sometime in the future I would like to do
know the

-You mentioned that gentoo uses old style virtuals. I don't really
know what that means, but given that I am migrating from a gentoo
distro, do I have an alternative way to specify sources?

-If I were to create a new system from scratch using paludis as a
package manager, what snapshot and stage tarball should I start with?

Thanks,
-Dave