[paludis-user] sensible way to

Dave Bender codehero at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 20:39:33 UTC 2008

I have my own modified gentoo-sources and am making an
installed_unpacked installation. I made the following call to
importare:

importare --location /var/empty sys-kernel/gentoo-sources 2.6.26-r1

However, paludis still wants to install gentoo-sources-2.6.26-r1. Is
there a mistake in my call to importare?

For reference, the call to install gentoo-sources yields:

paludis -ip gentoo-sources

Building target list...
Building dependency list...

These packages will be installed:

* sys-kernel/gentoo-sources :2.6.26-r1 [N 2.6.26-r1] <target>
    "Full sources including the Gentoo patchset for the 2.6 kernel tree"
    -build -symlink
    86.42 kBytes to download

Total: 1 package (1 new), 86.42 kBytes to download

Use flags:

* build:           !!internal use only!! DO NOT SET THIS FLAG
YOURSELF!, used for creating build images and the first half of
bootstrapping [make stage1]
* symlink:         Force kernel ebuilds to automatically update the
/usr/src/linux symlink

 * No unread news items found

-Dave