[paludis-user] Problem building poppler-bindings - environment variables?

Alexandros Diamantidis adia at hellug.gr
Sun Aug 10 23:40:07 UTC 2008

* Robert T Childers <trent-ch at cox.net> [2008-08-10 15:24]:
> > $QTDIR was empty while emerging, so Qt couldn't be found. After setting
> > this variable in /etc/paludis/bashrc, it completed successfully.
>
> I suggest you check /etc/env.d/ for 50qt3dir. This is the file in my system
> that is used to set QTDIR. You shouldn't have to set this variable by hand
> before emerging with paludis poppler-bindings.

This file exists in my system, with the following contents:

QTDIR=/usr/qt/3

And indeed, in my login shell's environment, this variable is set. It's
just while emerging with paludis that it's unset.

Unfortunately I'll be leaving on vacation tomorrow, so I won't be able
to do any tests soon, but if you have any suggestions, I'll check them
when I return.

Thanks!

Alexandros