[paludis-user] config protect hook

Moshe Kamensky moshe.kamensky at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 7 02:42:38 UTC 2008

* Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com> [04/04/08 03:00]:
> On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 10:36:13 -0400
> Moshe Kamensky <moshe.kamensky at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > At which stage are the config protected files recognised and merged?
>
> It's done as part of the merger.
>
> > Is there a hook where I can change this behaviour? I would like to
> > put the new version of a config protected file somewhere else.
>
> Not really. You'd have to hook in before the merger and completely
> rewrite the config protection logic. Hooks are more for 'do this when
> this occurs' than 'change how this works'...

Thanks. I can however move the file after it is merged if I know the
name of the actual file under which it moved (e.g.,
/etc/vim/.cfg0000_vimrc rather than /etc/vim/vimrc.) Of course I could
search for files of this form, but this would just be duplicating code
that already exists in paludis. Is it possible to have it in some
environment variable?

Thanks,
Moshe