[Exherbo-dev] request for pbin is on by default in paludis stages

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Mon Apr 28 20:24:43 UTC 2014

Hello. I have exherbo on some linux servers, my work and laptop computers.
I'm very happy with it. I'm building pbins for speedup upgrading, also
i'm create diskless network images for boot my servers (kvm compute
nodes).
Now i need to always rebuild paludis from sources to get pbins worked for me.
May be the best option build paludis with pbin enabled in stages. That
pulls libarchive, acl for deps, but its size not very big. But after
this option is on nobody need recompile paludis after downloading
stages.
I think that is very useful feature.

What do yo think about this option?

--