[Exherbo-dev] Exherbo Embedded

Doc Holliday doc4holliday at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:01:04 GMT 2011

Theoretically speaking -- and I am just throwing out a crazy idear out
there -- but theoretically speaking, if pkg A is a build only dep for
pkg B, then once pkg B is built and installed, pkg A can be
uninstalled from the system. This would of course require all exheres
to correctly list packages in build and build+run deps.

I was just thinking if I were to use Exherbo in an embedded system
with very limited space, I could throw in uClibc or dietlibc, remove
build only deps (gcc alone takes up 100+MB) and be done with it.

Are there other things I am not thinking of?

-Doc

--
One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a
null word. (Robert A. Heinlein)