[Exherbo-dev] Changing repo and profile masks

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 27 12:19:52 GMT 2011

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 10:52:34 +0100
Bernd Steinhauser <exherbo at bernd-steinhauser.de> wrote:
> Is there some kind of order in those labels?
> I.e. if I override the scm mask for cat/foo will the prerelease mask
> be overridden, too?
> Or would that rather be a strict assignment?

Labels are independent. The way it's implemented currently, if you have
two masks on the same package with different tokens, the user has to
either list both tokens in their unmask:

    cat/pkg security scm

or they can just use no tokens at all, which still means "accept any
kind of mask".

> The other thing which I currently don't like is – as mentioned before
> – that I don't think it is a good design to do something completely
> different for the stable/testing thing (for Exherbo: PLATFORMS).

I think the plan is at some point to kill PLATFORMS and move that into
profiles instead. But I've not seen any details on that, so for now I
think it's easier if we carry on treating PLATFORMS and masks as being
entirely independent.