[Exherbo-dev] Test sydbox & pinktrace!

Ali Polatel alip at exherbo.org
Wed Sep 29 14:50:49 BST 2010

Hey everyone,

At last I have a clone of the sydbox repository and started working.

For those who haven't heard of pinktrace¹ yet, let me introduce it
briefly. PinkTrace is a ptrace() wrapper library. PinkTrace is a
lightweight C library that eases the writing of tracing applications. It
consists of the following parts:
* Wrappers around different ptrace() requests.
* An API for decoding arguments (strings, socket addresses, …)
* An experimental API for encoding arguments.

The idea is to move all ptrace based low level requests from sydbox to
pinktrace, so that everyone can use them easily. This also makes porting
easier.

Since d0f35e5² which is on the next³ branch sydbox requires pinktrace.
All program and unit tests pass on x86_64 for me.

I kindly request you to test the next branch of sydbox on your boxes.
Unmask pinktrace-scm and sydbox-scm, install pinktrace, set
SCM_BRANCH="next" for sys-apps/sydbox in /etc/paludis/bashrc and
re-install sydbox. Set PALUDIS_DO_NOTHING_SANDBOXY environment variable
during installing these packages so you get to run their tests.

Please test and report back!

¹: http://dev.exherbo.org/~alip/pinktrace
²: http://git.exherbo.org/?p=sydbox.git;a=commit;h=d0f35e5bf344b510c2761298273bcd6a6324c722
³: http://git.exherbo.org/?p=sydbox.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/next