[Exherbo-dev] Multilib Support in Exherbo
compnerd at compnerd.org
Sun Sep 20 23:26:14 BST 2009
As of yesterday, I have pushed the multilib branch to arbor. This contains
work of serveral developers over a period of time. To get an existing
switched over to multilib is fairly simple.
- Checkout the multilib branch.
- Switch to the new profile (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
- Upgrade skeleton-filesystem-layout
- rebuild binutils
- rebuild gcc with the bootstrap flag
- rebuild glibc with the bootstrap flag
- rebuild gcc without the bootstrap flag
- rebuild glibc without the bootstrap flag
This will give you a working multilib toolchain. However, getting packages
usable in multilib will require additional work. We strongly recommend that
follow the migration path; if you dont and things break, you own the pieces
There still is a lot of work left to do before it can be merged to master.
- Fixing up skeleton-filesystem-layout for working with all the profiles,
- converting all profiles to the multilib style profiles (a single ABIS_C
if the profile does not support multilib)
- Ensuring that other profiles do not break with the bootstrap flag.
- Cleaning up alternatives in the bootstrap phase.
Once all of those issues have been worked out, we should be able to merge
multilib branch into master.
Given that this branch is still a work in progress, we may be periodically
rebasing it to keep up with other changes. Furthermore, as we iron out more
the finer details, the details on how ABIs are handled are still subject to
You can contact Ingmar, zlin, or myself (compnerd) on IRC if you want to
any of the details.
compnerd (at) compnerd (dot) org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Exherbo-dev