[Exherbo-dev] Mass b0rkage of the week

Sterling X. Winter sterling.winter at gmail.com
Sat May 23 15:53:29 BST 2009

On Saturday 23 May 2009 09:36:48 am Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Sat, 23 May 2009 09:25:42 -0500
>
> "Sterling X. Winter" <sterling.winter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > because it also reinstalls unaffected packages
>
> Clearly that is a good thing.

Well it certainly doesn't hurt to reinstall every package. When I say
"affected" I'm also including packages which appear anywhere in ::installed
metadata, so the script should be equally as effective with respect to the
ranged dep changes, plus the aforementioned advantages it offers over `paludis
-i everything`.

> > because unhandled exceptions make Paludis barf without allowing the
> > operation to resume where it left off.
>
> Mmm. That should never happen. What's giving unhandled exceptions?

It happens when Paludis removes old Python packages that hadn't been migrated
to EXHERES_PHASE. tanderson mentioned in #exherbo yesterday that he was also
encountering unhandled exceptions preventing him from resuming (not sure if
his were Python-related).